Production Operations are involved in every stage of Shell’s oil and gas production: from the point at which hydrocarbons flow into the well, right through the production facilities, to the final point of sale.
Production Operators are at the centre of Shell’s oil and gas production business. Around the world, our people can be found working in day-to-day oil and gas production operations in assets of one of our Operating Units. This also includes the commissioning and start-up of our new oil and gas developments. Our people provide support to new projects and field development planning to ensure safe and optimal operability of our future facilities.
As a Production Operator you will be working in one or more of the following areas of expertise: field operations, programming (short term optimisation of production volumes), integrated activity planning (to optimise cross discipline activities and resources), hydrocarbon information management or real time operations.
Key areas you’ll connect with are:
- Operating and maintaining existing wells and facilities to high integrity standards,
- Managing day-to-day operations, with a strong focus on safety and environmental issues,
- Balancing day-to-day operational priorities with longer-term strategic objectives,
- Field development planning and project support,
- Logistics for Major Projects and existing fields,
- Managing contracts and the performance of contractors within an oil and gas field operations.