Why should I apply?
Your first step into the energy industry lets you work on real projects with real impact, receive best-in-class training and personal development skills from line managers and mentors. The scholarship is tailored for you – letting you put what you have learnt in school to practical use as you embark on a journey of self-discovery and skills development.
Key benefits of Shell Maintenance Technician Scholarship:
- Knowledge Gaining: Your gate to the energy industry – with valuable inside knowledge of Shell, you will be able to learn how Shell remains competitive both locally and globally.
- Unique Learning: With practical on-site experience through your Industrial Attachment, you can understand the exciting energy industry.
- Relationship Building: As a scholarship recipient, you will be personally mentored. Your supervisor will guide you through your first steps in Shell through constructive feedback in both technical and communication skills.
There’s no better time to join Shell. Here, you will learn that so much more goes beyond the Shell retail stations in Singapore. Immerse yourself in this global company with an exciting, diverse culture now!
How does it work?
The programme consists of two stages:
Stage 1. Full-time Studies until Graduation + Industrial Attachment (IA)
Stage 2. Post-Graduation and Full-Time Employment
During your studies, the scholarship provides an award value of $14,000 and entitlement to scholar management activities such as mentorship. Invitations for exclusive on-site events and visits to our manufacturing sites will also be sent out to you. Practical on-site experience via your Industrial Attachment, which is compulsory and assessed, will also provide ample chances for hands-on learning and skills development. During your IA, you will actively contribute to the critical refinery operations of Shell, while experiencing the uniqueness and excitement of being involved in the intricate details of a complex global company.
Strong performance in Stage 1 could result in you being offered a full-time role upon your graduation.
After your graduation, you will join Shell as a Maintenance Technician (MT). As an MT, you get functional on-the-job training for skills development and potential accreditation opportunities to upgrade your industry relevant skills. You are expected to stay for a minimum of two years, during which you will be exposed to structured career progression that opens doors to unlimited opportunities within Shell.
Note: Progression to Stage 2 is dependent on performance during scholarship period in Stage 1 and upon company’s agreement.
- ITE Higher Nitec student pursing Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering disciplines
- Strong academic GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ level or ITE results
- Good CCA track records