Shell Fleet Solutions Privacy Statement
Your privacy matters to us so please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this Fleet Solutions Privacy Statement and contact us if you have any questions or queries. This Privacy Statement complements the Shell Global Privacy Notice - Business Customer, Supplier, Partner or Investor, available at www.shell.com/privacy and at www.shell.com.sg/privacy/b2b-notice.html
What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement provides information about personal data which are collected and processed in the context of the issuance and use of the Shell Fuel Card as well as your visits to the Shell websites related to the Shell Fleet Solutions business, including Shell Fleet Hub and Shell Fleet mobile application (“Shell Fleet app”).
When deploying the Shell Fleet app and processing an application for Shell Fuel Card, Shell or its affiliates (“the Shell Group”) may collect and process information that is necessary for assessing the status of the applicant. After the Shell Fuel Card is issued and when the Shell Fleet App is being used, the Shell Group may collect and process transactional and location information of the cardholders and Shell Fleet app users, which are collected in real time.
Source of data
If you have not provided your personal data directly to Shell, please be informed that Shell has obtained your personal data from your employing or contracting company who in turn will have ensured that your consent has been obtained if this is required. Shell may also check the data that you have provided with the data held in publicly available resources, for authentication and fraud prevention purposes.
What data do we process?
Depending on the services used by you and your company (eg. usage of Shell Fuel Card, usage of Shell Fleet app), Shell may process some or all of the following types of data:
- Your picture and the picture of your identification document (eg, driver’s licence) only for purposes of establishing your identity and only for as long as your identity is verified and confirmed;
- Business contact details including name, address, marketing preferences, email addresses, telephone numbers and language preferences;
- Director’s (and other associated persons’) details including name and birth date (these are required for anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption purposes/ credit check);
- Transaction details including driver’s name, card number, vehicle identifier, products purchased, date, time and location;
- Information generated as a result of your use of Shell Fuel Card and Shell Fleet app (such as how and where you use the Shell Fleet app), such information may include electronic device information and identifiers, IP addresses, log information, location information, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies;
- CCTV footage from retail sites where you have completed transactions using Shell Fuel Card – only for purposes related to fraud investigation and prevention.
Purposes for processing the data collected
Personal Data supplied by a user of the Shell Fleet app, the applicant for a Shell Fuel Card and/or collected through the use of the Shell Fleet app and/or Shell Fuel Card, may be processed for the purposes of;
- processing the application;
- establishing a cardholder’s identity;
- completing credit checks;
- operating the Shell Fleet app profile of the user and operating the cardholder’s account(s) and facilitating access to and use of the online services relating to Shell Fuel Card;
- assessing and/or reviewing the card status and/or purchase record of the Shell Fuel Card on an ongoing basis;
- conducting screening for trade controls and anti-bribery and corruption purposes;
- monitoring volume and spend information;
- tracing and recovering the Shell Fuel Card;
- conducting aggregated market research and/or statistical analysis;
- identifying and (if possible) preventing money laundering and fraud;
- marketing and commercial communication subject to any consent obtained; and/or
- for safety and security reasons, in particular, to protect the personnel and assets of Shell and its customers and to protect our customers when using products with special handling requirements e.g. Hydrogen.
In each case the processing may take place at any time during the course of the application process and/or use of the Shell Fleet app, usage of the Shell Fuel Card agreement, and may continue after that agreement has ended for limited purposes (invoicing cycle, compliance with legal, fiscal and/or contractual requirements including internal audit).
Additional information for users of Telematics services
If your vehicle is fitted with a Shell issued telematics device, Shell may also collect information about:
- your vehicle’s location which can be used to calculate e.g. vehicle speed, route taken;
- whether the vehicle is stopped;
- your vehicle’s acceleration, deceleration (braking) and cornering;
- whether the seat belt is used;
- information from your vehicle’s engine (e.g. engine speed), electrical system (e.g. battery voltage) and warning system (e.g. engine warning light on);
- vehicle refuelling or charging.
Shell may use these data in combination with other data we hold about you, e.g. fuel card transactions, to provide analysis requested by your employing or engaging company to better understand driving style, safety, vehicle performance and routing information.
Shell will only send marketing communications and offers to individuals within your organisation (including Shell Fleet app users) if consent has been given – consent may be provided through the in-app notification settings and/or additionally for communication through different channels such as e-mail. Individuals are free to withdraw their consent at any time. If you have not consented to marketing communications, you may still receive from Shell service updates and notifications when such updates and/or notifications are necessary for the proper functioning of the online services (including Shell Fleet app) or the operation of the Shell Fuel Card.
For more information please refer to the Shell Global Privacy Notice - Business Customer, Supplier, Partner or Investor, available at www.shell.com.sg/privacy/b2b-notice.html
When processing an application and during the term of any Shell Fuel Card agreement, we may assess the creditworthiness of any applicant or cardholder, as well as that of any person(s) associated with the cardholder. In assessing creditworthiness: (a) credit scoring or other automated decision-making processes may be used; and (b) records held by credit reference agencies may be searched. Information held by the credit reference agencies regarding any cardholder may already be linked to records relating to associated persons, or the information provided may create such a link. In case of automated decision making for credit worthiness check, the applicant or cardholder has the right to contest such decision and seek human intervention – please refer to the Contact Details section below.
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
Shell Singapore Pte. Ltd. is the Data Controller for processing personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data that are collected as a part of the agreement may be transferred within the Shell group, including to Shell companies which may be located outside the Economic European Area (“EEA”) for the purposes specified above.
Additionally, your personal data may be shared with or obtained from any of the following parties:
- the participants in the Shell Fuel Card scheme, such as the retailers and/or any other company that is permitted to supply products and/or services to Shell Fuel Card cardholders under the Shell Fuel Card scheme;
- any person to whom any member of the Shell Group proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties under a Shell Fuel Card agreement;
- providers of authentication services, for purposes of completion of authentication process and acting under appropriate data processing arrangements;
- databases containing publicly available data related to your status as business or entrepreneur for purposes of completion of the application process;
- credit reference, screening and/or fraud prevention agencies as well as referees, guarantors or other persons providing references or security in relation to a cardholder’s obligations;
- insurance companies, in connection with insurance products that relate or might relate to the operation and/or leasing companies - in the event the cardholder has a vehicle leasing agreement, for the purpose of enabling these companies to monitor vehicle mileage and assess creditworthiness;
We will not disclose your Personal Data without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so. For full details please refer to the Shell Global Privacy Notice - Business Customer, Supplier, Partner or Investor available at www.shell.com.sg/privacy/b2b-notice.html
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Shell will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to meet business, legal or fiscal requirements.
- Personal data contained in invoices, transaction files, correspondence with customers and requests to issue new fuel cards - 10 years;
- Contracts with a duration of 5 years or less (which contain contact details) - the life of the contract plus 20 years;
- Contracts with a duration of 5 - 20 years (which contain contact details) - the life of the contract plus 35 years;
- Other contact data and cardholder data – 15 years;
- Telematics data – 1 year
You have the right of access to your Personal Data collected through the Shell Fuel Card, online services (including Shell Fleet app) as well as the right to request correction or deletion of such Personal Data (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose). For full details please refer to the Shell Global Privacy Notice - Business Customer, Supplier, Partner or Investor available at www.shell.com.sg/privacy/b2b-notice.html
Who can I contact for more information?
You can contact Shell Fuel Card Customer Service Center at 1800 261 5322 or via email to the Data Privacy Officer for Singapore at ShellGoPlus-SG@shell.com
EXPLORE SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS
Our online dashboard simplifies the complex business of day-to-day fleet management.
You Might Also Like
Discover the New & Improved Shell Fuels that clean your engine for better mileage.
Shell Lubricants brings world-class technological insights to its products, offering you the best formulations for your vehicle.