Energy Transition Challenge: Searching for New Energies
Energy fuels both the global economy and our everyday lives, and with a global improvement of living standards and population growth, we are seeing the continued rise in demand for energy. The big challenge is how to provide much more energy while, at the same time, significantly reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. This is what we call the Energy Challenge.
Working towards a low-carbon future
We recognise the significance of climate change, along with the role energy plays in helping people achieve and maintain an good quality of life. A key role for society—and for Shell—is to find ways to provide much more energy with less carbon dioxide. This global energy transition therefore requires a huge undertaking—producing and consuming energy in a different way. We need to design our economies, communities, and lives to thrive on these energy systems.
Explore one of the most innovative companies in the world
There has never been a more exciting time to work in the energy industry.
With a career at Shell, you’ll have a part to play in uniquely innovative projects, which will provide unbeatable experience.
We have a track record of world firsts, from Shell Pearl GTL, the world’s largest gas-to-liquids plant, to Prelude, the world’s first floating liquefied natural gas facility. These aren’t just engineering achievements. They are a product of business that genuinely prizes progress, where you will be constantly encouraged to explore new ways of thinking and working.
A World-Class Company needs World-Class Talent
We’re also one of the world’s best-known brands. With around 92,000 employees in more than 70 countries, we operate on a scale few can rival. You’ll have the opportunity to work with brilliant people from all around the world, sharing expertise and points of view that will enrich your experience.
The scale of our challenge is exciting too. Global demand for energy is rapidly rising and outpacing supply. We offer a Graduate Programme that will develop both your professional expertise and your leadership potential. The Graduate Programme will allow you to work and learn as an integral part of a talented global team, and be inspired by where your career could take you.
About the Internship
Developing Future Leaders
We’ve designed the Shell Assessed Internship to give remarkable students and graduates like you a real role in our business, whether you join in our Technical, Commercial Business, and / or Corporate Functions area. We will provide you with the support that you need to succeed whilst completing your internship.
Real Projects to work on
- The internship will focus on completing a major project with clear deliverables and outcomes
- Businesses identify projects that have real business need, where you will need to make an impact
- Projects vary yearly
Supporting you along the way
- A mentor and a supervisor will be assigned to you to provide you with regular and structured feedback
- The on-boarding process will allow you to familiarise yourself with the company businesses
- An on-boarding event together with all other interns
Why we call it an Assessed Internship
- During an Assessed Internship, you will have a formal mid-term review with your mentor and supervisor. At the end of the internship, you will have to sit for a competency-based interview. You will also be asked to prepare a final presentation about your project
- Following the successful completion of the assessments, you will be offered an Employment opportunity in a full-time role
Comprehensive Financial Rewards and Benefits
- Your internship will include financial rewards customised for you
- There are on-site facilities such as the gym and subsidised cafeteria that you can use
Diversity and Inclusion
- Opportunity for you to join our Gradute network, NEXUS, and other Employee networks at Shell
- Be part of a diverse and connected global network with opportunities to stay connected after your internship
What we look for
Throughout the application and assessment process, you will be assessed using the following criteria:
- How well you absorb information, analyse problems, make fact-based decisions, and propose innovative solutions
- How well you get things done, for example, your drive, resilience, self-confidence, and organisational skills
- How well you work in teams, communicate, and respect others
Interns for a Better Future: Experience an internship with Shell that could then open the door to your future, make an impact that matters, win together, and explore a world of opportunities.
At Shell, we are in search of remarkable students to join us: people daring to discover smarter ways to meet the world’s growing demand for energy.
Your internship journey with Shell will last 12 weeks. During this time, you will be involved in real projects designed to help you discover your strengths. Our internships provide a valuable opportunity to gain skills and knowledge that will impact your remaining education and future career aspirations.
By experiencing a Shell Assessed Internship, you will explore what Shell as an employer has to offer, discover the exciting opportunities to develop and grow your skills, help you realise your potential as you refine your working style, and ultimately, could possibly open the door to your future career and a position on Shell’s Graduate Programme.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for students in their pre-final year of study from the below disciplines:
- All Engineering disciplines (Process, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Material Science, etc.)
- Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
- Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Commerce (Sales & Marketing in Retail Business, Value & Efficiency Planning in Shipping & Maritime, among many others)
- Contracting & Procurement
- Human Resources
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain
To be considered for an Internship, you will need to be:
- A Singaporean Resident or Citizen at the time of applying
- In your pre-final year of study
- Enrolled in a degree-qualified course