8. You agree that any Competition Materials submitted on behalf of a Team will be treated as having been submitted on a non-confidential basis whether or not such Competition Materials are marked or referred to by the Participant or you as being confidential.
9. Neither the Promoter nor its affiliates will have a duty to treat the Competition Materials as confidential.
10. Participants and Teachers agree to provide the Promoter and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence (with the right to grant sub-licences) to reproduce, use, copy, modify, distribute and/or reference the whole or any part of any Competition Materials for any purpose whatsoever and in any media, whether or not currently invented.
11. Participants and Teachers warrant that they have the necessary rights to grant the licence contemplated in Clause 10.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as the Promoter granting any Participant or Teacher any licence under the Promoter’s and/or any of its affiliate’s intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, the Promoter’s/any of its affiliate’s trademarks, trade names, and copyright in any images, publications and/or other materials produced by, or on behalf of, the Promoter/any of its affiliates and distributed to Participants and/or Teachers in connection with the Competition), which may only be used by Participants or Teachers with the Promoter’s prior written consent.
13. Participants and Teachers acknowledge and agree that:
i. The Promoter, its affiliates and/or persons authorised by the Promoter/its affiliates may film, photograph and/or make other forms of recording of Participants and/or Teachers whilst Participants and/or Teachers are present at and/or participating in events organised for or in connection with the Competition (“Recording”);
ii. As between the Promoter, Participants and Teachers, the copyright and any and all other intellectual property rights, title and interest in the Recording shall vest in the Promoter and/or its affiliates who shall be entitled to deal with all or any part of the Recording in such ways as the Promoter and/or its affiliates, in their absolute discretion, see fit; and
iii. The Promoter shall have no obligation to acknowledge Participants or Teachers in any finished material in which all or any part of the Recording is included.
14. By submitting an entry to the Competition via a Teacher, the Participant warrants that the content of the entry (including any Competition Materials) is entirely of that Participant’s own creation and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patents, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or services marks, database rights, rights in know-how, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, moral rights or other similar rights in any country, in each case whether or not registered, and any applications for registration of any of the foregoing, and all rights to apply to register any of the foregoing) of any other person. If it is discovered that any entry is not the original creation of the appropriate Participant and/or breaches another person’s intellectual property rights, the Promoter shall be entitled to disqualify that entry and the appropriate Participants from the Competition.